Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Haitian Mothers' Day!

I celebrated Mothers' Day two weeks ago when I was in Boston with my mother (how convenient). But in Haiti, Mothers' Day happens in late May, so I had the opportunity to party again. I don't really have a Haitian mother, but I do know a whole bunch of ladies who act as loving mothers to a whole bunch of sick and needy children. So for my Haitian Mothers' Day, my friend Scott and I trekked to Dorothy's house where the older kids helped me prepare a little fun for the nannies. Cha-Cha was particularly helpful, walking around with plates of watermelon to offer the nannies and spilling a few gallons of juice on the floor in the process.













We had a wonderful afternoon and I hope the ladies walked away knowing that they are deeply loved and appreciated for their mothering of the babies at Faith Hope Love Infant Rescue.

3 comments:

Faith Hope Love Infant Rescue said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!! Beautiful photos!!!!!! Beautiful children! Beautiful nannies! Thank you for giving them such a treat to show how loved they all are.

Faith Hope Love Infant Rescue said...

Kez, is that Nathaniel and his mother below you and Johnny?

Keziah said...

I honestly don't know, Dorothy. I'm still learning all the new ladies' names (both nannies and residents) and still working on the infants. You know, if we stopped them from growing and getting fatter, it would be a lot easier to keep track of who's who!