Friday, March 23, 2012

Big baby brother

My brother, Barnabas, came to visit me in Gonaives last week. Haitians think that all white people look alike so it was a relief to finally be able to say "Yes! This one is in fact my brother!" when everyone commented on how alike we looked. Everyone loved him but they were very confused by the fact that he is bigger than me despite being younger than me...

He and I stayed with the guys out at the adobe house, rode bikes all over town, ate lots of street food, played soccer games with the teens, learned Creole (he would have been fluent in a month), and made lots of friends. It was a great visit!





2 comments:

Bethany Bot said...

:-) Im so glad he was able to visit. I cant wait to see both of you in the summer (hopefully)

Mama Beth said...

Keziah, you look so healthy! Gonaives is good medicine.