Monday, May 11, 2009

One more day

Today is my last full day in Haiti. I fly out tomorrow at noon and arrive in Boston around 9:30pm, hopefully.

I have lots of fun and exciting things from the past 2 weeks to post about, but they will have to wait until I get to the US and have the time and the concentration to write.

I will spend 3 weeks at my parents' home in Brookline, just outside Boston. In the beginning of June, I report to Chop Point Camp in Maine where I will be working as the camp nurse for the second summer in a row. After camp ends in August, I will spend a few weeks with my parents and then return to Haiti in early September.

Today, I will be saying good-bye to lots of friends and babies. It's sad but I am ready to go to America and see my friends and my family there. Knowing that I will be back here in just a few months makes it much easier.

Please be praying for me as I pack up and say good-bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep you in my prayers!
Deb
Charline's mom

Angela said...

Oh, those goodbyes are so very painful! May you be comforted when you land in the US and are greated by your loved ones here!