Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Will you help?

In March, over 300 homes were demolished in the Ravine where I work. Nearly 1000 people became homeless overnight. Among the victims, 4 families that I see and care for weekly have turned to me for help. They all have small children ranging from 5 months to 7 years and until they can find the money to rent their own houses, they are forced to share the already overcrowded shacks of their neighbors and friends. One family is living in an unfinished room where the dust from the raw concrete blocks causes the 3 year old boy to have a chronic cough, and where open windows let in malaria-carrying mosquitos all night. Another had no choice but to move to another neighborhood where they can share a hut with relatives; they have a place to stay, but away from our Ravine, the baby no longer has easy access to health care and supplementary food from Sherrie's feeding program.




I need $1600 to provide these families with rent money for the year. I can't do that myself. I know times are hard right now, but if you can spare a few dollars for my families in the Ravine, we will be immensely grateful. I have promised them that I will help and they trust me to keep my word.





If you can make a donation, please write checks to Much Ministries and mail them to me:
Keziah Furth
89 Pleasant St #6
Brookline, MA 02446
USA

(Much Ministries is a non-profit organization based out of Georgia. They partner with me in the Ravine ministry and my work in Gonaives. You can check out their website at muchministies.org)

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU.

No comments: