Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Real life again

Back in Port-au-Prince after my Jacmel adventure, it has been wonderful to return to my job of treating patients in the Ravine and at Sherrie's school. The old routine: coughs, colds, diarrhea, scabies, and removing nearly 100 stitches from Ivona's arm after her orthopedic surgery last week. She had the first of a series of surgeries to correct a bad wrist contracture that has made her hand practically useless since infancy.







I was very happy to see the kids again and the kids were very happy to see me again.





Well, most of them were happy...

2 comments:

Dannae said...

Is that kimberly in the first picture?

Keziah said...

Yes it is! She is quite healthy but just as sad looking as always. She was with me for over an hour in the Ravine and didn't smile once.