Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet..."

We have over 100 teenagers attending youth group at my church here in Haiti. They are almost all students at English schools, so they read better in English than in Creole or French. A few of them come from upper class families and a few come from missionary families, but the majority are poor kids from orphanages and the ravine neighborhoods near the church. Many of the latter children do not have a Bible. We are teaching them that if they want to grow in their faith, they need to read God's Word, but how can they do that if they don't have access to a Bible?




When I was a little girl, we always had a few extra Bibles in our house. Many of my friends own more than one Bible. So I am holding a Christmas Bible drive, asking if you have an extra Bible that you would be willing to donate to a young Haitian. We need at least 50 Bibles.


If you can help, you can mail a Bible to my address in Massachusetts:
Keziah Furth
89 Pleasant St #6
Brookline, MA 02446

I will be in the US over Christmas and returning to Haiti in January, so please make sure the Bible arrives by January 3rd. Please email me at kezgho@yahoo.com with questions.

Mesi anpil!

No comments: