Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm going back

I am leaving Boston tomorrow and flying into Haiti on Saturday afternoon. It has been a good visit and a mostly successful recovery. I still have my dark moments and my very emotional moments, but I am ready to start working again, and that is what matters most to me right now.

Many people have asked me about donating supplies to Haiti. At this time, due to transportation difficulties, we cannot accept any offers of supplies. I know that I could load an entire ship with your generosity and I wish I could, but for now, we can't. I will keep my blog updated and as needs change and arise, I will post those needs, but for now, all we can truly accept is financial donations and most importantly, prayer.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your prayers and your support during this extremely difficult time. I would not have been able to do what I did without the encouragement and strength coming from my family and friends in the United States, Canada, France and elsewhere. Please continue to remember me and my community in your prayers. We need them as badly today as we did on January 12th.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Fred said...

Keziah, daughter of Job

Thank you so very much for your witness at Ursuline Academy (2/11). The Spirit has made of you a living embodiment of Serviam (I will serve) for the young women and the faculty/staff at the school. You thanked us (that's backwards!) and asked us principally for prayers. The joy on your face as you told us of your pending return to your neighborhood was palpable.

In this week's Gospel (Lk 6:17, 20-26) Jesus tells us that the hungry will be satisfied and the weeping laugh and the Kingdom of God belongs to the poor. Your joy is witness to this prohecy.

Yesterday, a month to the day after the quake, the news tells us that thousands of Haitians of many faiths and denominations gathered to pray and sing ... demonstrating their trust in the God of mercy.

"Since LOVE is Lord of Heaven and earth, how can they (I) keep from singing!"

+Peace
-- Fred

Hannah said...

Prayers for you as you return to Haiti and begin the work that God is calling you to do. Much much love.