Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Transition x 2

The transition this summer is not just from Haiti to Maine. My work life is also in transition: I have resigned from my position at Angel Missions Haiti. Upon my return to Haiti, I will be coming under the umbrella of Much Ministries, the organization run by my good friends Kathy and Beaver Brooks, who work in Gonaives. You can check out their website at muchministries.org

It has been an honor to work with AMH for the past 2 years, but I am ready to shift towards other things that meet my passions and my calling more closely. My plan currently is to return to Haiti in mid-August and continue my work in the ravine, at the clinic at Delmas 24, and with the youth group. I am looking forward to having more availability to meet with youth one-on-one and to take them out on community service projects and other activities. It will be great to have more time to visit and support Dorothy Pearce at the home for malnourished and sick babies, and to be available for other friends who need medical help.



If you have been supporting me through Angel Missions, I would appreciate if you made the switch too. You can donate by contacting me directly at nursekezzie@gmail.com or via PayPal on the Much Ministries website and sending a message that your gift is for Keziah Furth.

As always, I covet your prayers. Transition is never easy and this one is a triple whammy: travel to and from the States combined with the challenges of a new job and a new home. Pray for wisdom in decision making and for favor in all my endeavors during this new year.

Finally, to Vanessa and Tom Carpenter, and to everyone at Angel Missions Haiti, thank you for a wonderful two years.