Wednesday, December 26, 2012

All I want for Christmas is ...

POWER!
 
We haven't had power at the Safe House since the first week of November. Yes, that's almost 2 full months without electricity. A transformer blew on the street and our whole block has been waiting for the national power company to come and fix it. Waiting and waiting and waiting. My life has looked like this:
 
 
Not really. We don't sit in the dark...at least not all the time. We burn candles, dozens and dozens of candles.
 
 
It's hard to want to decorate for Christmas when you don't have power because let's be honest, the lights are totally the best part. But we finally bit the bullet 5 days ago and decorated for light-less Christmas.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
I've asked God for power more than a few times. To no avail. So on Christmas eve, I appealed to another power: Santa Claus. "Dear Father Christmas," I sang over breakfast, "All I want for Christmas is power."

I've never believed in Santa, not even as a little kid. Well, I do now! Within four hours of my request, our Safe House had power for the first time in 2 months.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: