Thursday, January 24, 2013

Can you help?

 
My best friend from Port-au-Prince, Sendhie, is getting married! She called me to share the good news and asked for help getting a wedding dress.
 
Can you help? Spread the word among your friends - we are looking for a wedding dress, size 17 or 18, chest 54 inches, waist 49 inches. Haitians like wedding dresses that are elaborate, so the longer the train, the puffier the sleeves, the more sequin-covered the bodice, the better!
 
If you have a dress that you'd be willing to donate, please email me, nursekezzie@gmail.com with a few photos.
 
 
Thank you so much!
 
If you want to read all about Sendhie, our friendship and her work with me, check out my blog post, Sendhie, from 2011.  
 
 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Kez, if I was her size I'd gladly donate a dress!! If I see anything around here that fits the description, I'll let you know.

Emily Grace said...

Kez, My church collects wedding dresses to send to Haiti. I'll pass this along and have them keep a look out. Congrats!

Sondra said...

Sent you photos by email, & Sendhie some via FB. Dress was a 20, was taken in a bit but not much. Should work if she hasn't found one yet....I'd be honored for Sendhie to wear my dress!