Thursday, January 10, 2013

Deja vu

The phone rings at 9pm. "Keziah, one of the guests just chopped off part of his finger in the door."

I answer with a laugh, "Haha, very funny. We already did the chopped-off finger thing. What actually happened?"

Pause. "No, really, Kez. He's missing a piece of finger."

 
Luckily, this particular finger chop wasn't as deep or as irregular as the first, so I turned our dining room into an OR and I sewed Garry's finger tip back on.
 
 
It took about 45 minutes, 19 stitches, 2 headlamps, one bike light and Grace's help holding the chunk of finger in place. The power went out once during surgery and I almost ran out of size 4 sutures before I finished.
 
 
 
Ironically, I happened to be wearing a t-shirt that a close friend had brought me from Texas. It's supposed to be a joke regarding Texans and guns, but it's very appropriate for me and Grace.
 
 
 
We don't dial 911. We are 911.

2 comments:

Macro Guy said...

Maybe you should see about fixing that door...

Sondra said...

Ok, I love the tshirt! I am sitting here envisioning all of your adventures and audibly laughing... LOUDLY! May the new year bring you all peace & joy!

We had an awesome New Years Feast too! piklese, soup joumou, and the next day Haitian chicken in sauce! Now if I could only get Oyis to appreciate that I cook him Haitian food!