Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Worlds collide

15 of the kids accompanied me when I returned to Dorothy’s on Sunday afternoon. They played in the backyard while I led them on a tour of the house in groups of 3. I showed them my room, the common areas and the babies. The girls were thrilled to meet the babies and I had to limit their time there so we didn’t overrun the place. Argusto and Bernadin were more interested in Blackie and in the soccer ball that they found in the backyard. Still, both had requested to come along and I wasn’t about to refuse them. It was hard to say good-bye, worse than it had been in September when I only spent 2 and a half days at HFC. But I hope that the kids are a little more at ease with my absence now that they have seen the children I take care of and the place where I live.







No comments: