Friday, October 10, 2008

October resolution

God has really been convicting me of something lately. It's been on my mind a lot and I felt like I should share it with you, my blog followers.

If you've ever been in Haiti with me, you have probably heard my "3 times a day" theory. For those of you who have not, the theory goes like this: "When staying in Haiti, an individual ought to urinate at least 3 times in a 24 hour period for maximum health."

That rule of mine really applies just to short term trips, because honestly, 3 times a day is nothing. I'm the girl who usually pees so much that when I was younger, my dad wouldn't take me on a road trip because we would have to stop so many times for me to use the restroom. I think that in the States, I average more like 7-9 times a day. 3 times a day is the absolute minimum to prevent things like urinary tract infections and it's the best way to know that you are avoiding dehydration. But really, the 3 times a day theory is what I follow when I am just visiting Haiti. I figure that for a few weeks, even a month, I can pee 3 times in a 24 hour period and be OK. However, if I'm staying longer term, 3 times is just not sufficient. I have never had a UTI but I've heard stories of how painful they are and as far as I'm concerned, I'd like to maintain my UTI-less status.

So, my October resolution: DRINK MORE WATER! It's simple but it can be hard at times. Feel free to ask me if you email me whether I have been drinking more. I can use all the reminders and encouragement that I can get.

No comments: