Sunday, April 20, 2008

Departure

I leave Boston tomorrow morning. I take the bus to NYC, fly to DC, and then Miami. I spend the night in Miami and fly into Haiti on Tuesday morning. I arrive at 7:55am. Lamarre will be there to pick me up which probably means I'll spend a few hours in Dr. Bernard's office before I get to the orphanage.

The children have exams this week, so I will probably spend the week helping them study. I also hope to spend May Day with the kids. Later during my stay, I will be visiting a clinic in Prospere, about 2 hours outside Port-au-Prince, a clinic in Croix de Bouquets, about 45 minutes outside PAP, and the clinic in Merger at the mission where Nikki is going to be running a school starting this summer. I'll also get to visit Kim at the international school, Quisqueya Christian School, where she teaches. Of course, all of these plans are contingent on peace in the streets. If rioting starts back up, I will have to simply stay put, wherever I am when the trouble begins. Hopefully that won't happen.

Please pray for my safety while I travel, peace in Haiti, good exam results for the children, and meaningful interactions with everyone I will be seeing at HFC, the clinics, and the school. I will not have much internet access while I am in Haiti, so please be patient and don't worry if you don't hear from me. I will post whenever I get the chance.

No comments: