Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Exam time

There are some kids that we just do not worry about when it comes to exams. James, for example, is always first in his class with a whopping 9 out of 10 or higher.John Peter is also first in his class, usually in the 8.3/10 vicinity.
Then there are kids like Camille who fail more often than they pass. Note: he is climbing through the hole above the door while the other kids are studying. I wonder if that might have something to do with his pass-fail ratio?
Yesterday, I studied biology with the 10th grade boys. OK, we might have got sidetracked and ended up talking about peanut butter for a while, but I was able to force Duck to actually open his notebook and look at the definitions of artery and vein.
Adler played in the rain (doesn't his plastic bag hat look like those traditional hats that little Dutch girls wear in old-fashioned stories?)
The 9th grade boys worked on physics - I am absolutely no help there!
Mathurin wrote practice physics problems on the board. He is another kid that I can completely ignore during exam prep. The only question with him is whether he will beat Martine for second place in his class.
In the early mornings, there are always a few boys on the roof doing last minute revision.
On Monday, I worked on chemistry with the 10th grade boys. I love chemistry! I hope that when we get to heaven, we can all sit down with God and balance chemical equations such as 8HNO3 + 3Cu ---> 3Cu(N03)2 + 2NO + 4H2O. No, I'm serious. I like balancing equations. The boys do not. "Exactly why is this important for my future?" they ask me, and I don't really have an answer except "When you're a dad, you've gotta be able to do your kid's homework for him just like I'm doing for you!"



These gals were actually not studying. They were working with Se Pradel to prepare the month's chores list. Don't they look enthralled?

No comments: