Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The girls

The girls have been calling me all week, usually at bad times like 10:30pm as I'm getting in bed, or 7:18am, before I'm out of bed. They let the phone ring a few times, then hang up so I can call them back. Thanks to their odd timing, I haven't been able to follow through for them. Finally, they called me at 5:45 this afternoon, so I grudgingly put down my enthralling history homework and called them back.

Martine said that they had just called because Kattia wanted to hear my voice. Awww, how sweet! I talked to the two of them, telling them about my homework and my upcoming graduation. They assured me that there has been no rioting or trouble in Fort Mercredi. Everything's back to normal, which is disappointing for the girls who were really enjoying the unexpected week off from school!

Argentine also took the phone.

"Keziah, it's Argentine."
"Hi, Argentine. How are you doing?"
"Fine, thank you. I want you to sing Happy Birthday to me, Keziah."

So I sang Happy Birthday to her and blew her a big smoochy kiss by phone. She giggled.

Oh, I can't wait to see them. Just one more week...

No comments: