Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tomorrow

Envision a red-headed orphan singing, "Tomorrow, tomorrow!" at the top of her lungs.....that would be me right about now. Tomorrow at 8:55am, I will be deplaning on the blistering hot tarmac of Toussaint L'Ouverture International Airport. One customs line, one baggage claim, and one luggage check later, I will be walking out of the airport and into the arms of my kiddos! Not all of them - that would require a school bus - but Michaelle has promised to send a few along as my welcoming committee. It's going to be great.

But before we get there, I have to get through another of the longest days of my life. There is nothing in the world that causes me more anxiety than international air travel. And this trip is a real winner since I have to take the subway to the Boston bus station, the bus to New York, the subway to LaGuardia, a plane to Miami, and after a night in Miami, another plane to Port-au-Prince. And did I mention that Boston and New York are both getting snow all day today and into tomorrow? Oh yes, I am thrilled about my travel plans.

My mantra for the next 24 hours: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)

No comments: