Friday, November 14, 2008

Fevers, good-byes, and more

On Wednesday night, it was just Johnny with a fever of 104.


Last night though, it was Johnny with a fever of 104.5 and Levinsky with a fever of 103.7! When both your HIV babies have extremely high fevers, something is wrong.


I checked them out. Both boys tested negative for malaria and neither seemed to have ear infections. Johnny's appears to be more respiratory than anything else, so in addition to much tylenol, I've started him on amoxicillin. I found ringworm on Levinsky so I am guessing flagyl will be better for him. I wish I knew more, I wish I had more clues to go by, I wish I had a doctor in the house!

Nerlande went home today with her grandmother. We have been waiting for the woman to visit so that we can send the little girl home. Nerlande is fully healthy and ready to return to life in her family. We will miss her but we are very happy that she is back where she belongs.



The mechanics replaced some parts in our radiator and the car seems to be done smoking. Sam and I made it to the gas station and back for water without any smoke. Yay!! And thanks to the car working again, it sounds like we are going to be bringing Dorothy home from the hospital tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: