Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lovenie's big brother

HFC is a family. A large one, but a family nonetheless. And as in any other family, siblings fight sometimes. While I was in Haiti, some of the boys and some of the girls got into a tiff and weren't talking for a few days. It all got resolved before I left, but during that short time of not getting along, one of the girls angrily said that if a stranger was beating her up, the boys would not do anything to stop it. This is, of course, ridiculous and not true. Our boys would die for their sisters, but heck, I probably said the same things about my older brother when I was mad at him.

I set out the next day to prove that girl wrong. I asked several of the boys what they would do if they saw someone beating up one of the girls. They said they'd run for help or they'd fight the man. But my favorite response was TiJude's. I asked him what he would do if he saw a man beating his little sister Lovenie with a stick. Without the slighest hesitation, TiJude said, "I'd take the beating for her." What a boy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Okay... You HAD to know that would make me boo hoo!!! ;)

Love, love, love, love HIM!

I just soak up every single word you blog. I can't thank you enough for the blessing you are to me and am sure you are for so many others!!!

Lots of love,
Angela